WHEN SILENCE SPEAKS UP



YOU’RE INSECURE, DON’T KNOW WHAT FOR. YOU’RE TURNING HEADS WHEN YOU WALK THROUGH THE DO-O-OR. [Liam}

I DON’T KNOW WHY, YOU’RE BEING SHY. AND TURN AWAY WHEN I LOOK INTO YOU’RE EYE-EYE-EYES! [Zayn]

Ok, so you must be wondering why I wrote down a few verses from the world-famous One Direction’s “What Makes You Beautiful”. Well, if you ponder at the meaning of the song, and not just dance to its catchy beat, you’ll realize that there’s much more to the song than what seems to appear.

Liam, Niall, Harry, Louis and Zayn sing about a very shy, very reserved girl who has no clue as to how she appears. She is insecure and can’t raise her eyes to face the people around her.

So let me ask you a question; Do you feel the same way she feels?

Is that a yes? Then don’t worry, because you’re not alone there. Even ONE DIRECTION thinks so!

So I did a small survey by speaking to all the quiet, silent girls and boys within my college (believe me, it wasn’t easy), and I was surprised to find out some quiet interesting thoughts and opinions!

So here are a few of their feelings spoken out loud:

“I feel very inferior. When I see the beautiful, charming and popular girls around me, I just feel unvalued” [Nadeeka]

“When a girl approaches me, I shy away and try to look invisible. I don’t know why, but I’m scared I might stammer or say something stupid.” [Rasheed]

“I can’t help being quiet. It’s the way I am. Being shy is part of my personality, and I’m fine with it.” [Kumara]

Quite a collection we’ve got, huh? So we saw different people. But what was the one thing all these guys and gals have in common? I’d say it is their difficulty to accept themselves for who they are, though you can debate with me on that to a certain extent.

You may be silent, but that doesn’t mean you don’t have value! Remember the saying, “silence is secure”? Don’t let your reserved and shy personality make you feel ANY different from the others. It’s part of who you are, and someone out there will be able to see the beauty within!So don’t you EVER try to change yourself for another person (unless ofcourse it’s a bad habit you are looking to change!)

Aathiqah Marzook

2 comments:

  1. i just wonder...how much skills and talent must be hiding in the shadows..

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow.... really interesting

    ReplyDelete